Rental Guidelines and Policies
All applications are processed without regard to the race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familiar status or national origin of the applicant.
- The credit check depends on the type of rental. If you are trying to rent a decent clean apartment in a working class neighborhood, credit just needs to be okay. Your credit doesn’t have to be perfect but it can’t be all bad either.
- If you are trying to rent a house in a bit more fancy of a neighborhood, credit needs to be better. Once again this does not mean perfect, but you must have a decent credit score to qualify.
Civil and Criminal Search
- No evictions in last seven years
- No money owned to a prior landlord or apartment community for any reason- No exceptions!
- Misdemeanors - repetitive or continuous misdemeanors within the past 5 years will be reviewed and could be cause for denial.
- Felonies could be cause for denial and SPECIFICALLY felonies of illegal manufacture or distribution of a controlled substance, felonies resulting in bodily harm or intentional damage, or destruction of property, all within the last 7 years.
- Sexual related offenses for any time period are cause for denial.
- How often did you pay late?
- Did you leave owing money?
- How did you maintain the premises?
- Did you fulfill the terms of your lease?
- Were there any complaints against you or your guests?
- An Eviction is okay if you paid the landlord in full afterwards. If you still owe a landlord money for any reason, your application will be automatically rejected.
- Please note: Family, friends and/or roommates are not acceptable rental references.
- Some of our owners are more flexible than others. For example, you might have paid a few times late but your previous landlord thought you were a good tenant. This should be fine.
Employment and Income Check
- Do you have a job or some other source of income?
- How long have you been at your job?
- Is your income verifiable?
- Pets are okay if owner of property allows them.
- No more than 2 animals per unit (if allowed).
- No attack trained animals or known vicious breeds permitted. That means rottwilers, Dobermans, German Shepherds and typically any big dog over 75 pounds other than a lab.
- Must pay a non-refundable Pet Fee one time only.
Application and Fees
- You will need to fill out an application.
- A Driver's License or other approved photo ID must be included.
- $25.00 non- refundable application fee. There is an additional $25 charge (each) for other adults.
- Fees must be paid in cash, cashier's check or money order.
- At the end of any Tenancy, there is a minimum carpet and unit cleaning charge.
- Once you are approved, you need to drop off a non-refundable deposit. This deposit becomes your security deposit when you move into your rental.
Each owner of a rental property will have slightly different qualifying guidelines. All applications are processed without regard to the race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familiar status or national origin of the applicant.
Perhaps, you worried that you will not qualify?
If you feel there is a reason why you might be denied for rental, please contact us to discuss. In some instances, a higher deposit or other terms and conditions might be available to you.