Can I paint the place I rent?
Paint approval depends on the home and the owner.
Paint approval depends on the home and the owner.
Yes, we only offer 12 month leases without exception.
Yes, our rental properties will require either no criminal background ever or no criminal record in the last 5-7 years.
We not only pull your credit report but we check your criminal background as well. You cannot have any money owed to an electric company or landlord for any reason because it results in application being automatically denied. Beyond those two requirements, it just depends on the quality of the rental. If the home resides in an expensive neighborhood, you will need to have excellent credit. However, if the home sits in a blue-collar neighborhood we typically are more concerned about your rental history.
Once you have taken a tour and decided which home you would like to call yours, you can fill out the online form or download the application and fax it to 812-621-5363 along with your proof of income. The application fee can be paid via money order, cashiers check or through Paypal (ask for details). there is a $25 application fee per adult (18 years or older). Once we have received your application and proof of income it generally takes between 24-48 hours for approval. We do not spend your application fee unless we feel you will qualify. We choose the most qualified applicant. We will refund your application fee in the event you were qualified but we choose someone else.
Instead of calling or emailing us about something that is broken, you must report needed repairs to us online through your Appfolio Tenant portal.
Visit your online portal at: https://stressfreepm.appfolio.com/connect/users/sign_in
3 Important items to remember about submitting a work order
1) We had a lot of residents over the years tell us they called or emailed us a repair request, and we never came out. When we checked, we showed no record of the repair request in our system. So, we either lost the request or the resident thought they contacted us and never got around to it. Either way, we have a very upset resident.
If we have you submit all repair requests through your Appfolio portal, there will be a record that can’t be erased. Even if one of my staff members accidentally deleted your request in Appfolio, we would still have a record of the original work order inside Appfolio.
2) You can submit a repair request 24 hours a day/7 days a week. So, you don’t have to wait until business hours to call us and perhaps interrupt your work. Just remember if you submit a work order after business hours you have to wait until the next business day for us to respond that we received it. This is done automatically in our software.
3) You will be required to submit a picture or pictures of the repair. This will help us send the right person to do the repair and possibly allow him to pick up supplies that are needed before he arrives. This means you get your repair done faster.
** The first thing you have to do, if you haven’t already done so, is set-up your Online Tenant Portal. If you have already done so just proceed to the video below. If not, look in your email folder because we emailed this to you the day we mailed out this letter.
** Here is a video link to watch a very short and easy video on how to submit a work order with pictures into your Tenant Portal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UL4-X1_0tVs
Now you can still call us after you submitted your repair request if there is an emergency. However, we will not be taking any repair request by phone regardless of the situation. I know this may sound harsh, but we’ve found that people will simply ignore this change if we allow them to go around it. But, like I said, you can call us immediately after submitting your repair request through the tenant portal if you have an emergency.
Regional Manager of Stress Free Property Management
In order to move in we require the first full months rent upfront along with security deposit and pet fee if applicable. All move in money must be paid via certified funds (money order or cashiers check only). Once you move in you can pay by personal check or through our online resident portal.
The application fee is $25 per adult. This can be paid via money order or cashier's check made payable to Stress Free Property Management.
The security deposit varies. It is generally equal to one months rent but will be stated in each listing. Feel free to ask your leasing agent if you are unsure.
Rent is due on the 1st of the month and late on the 5th of the month at 5:00pm. Late Fees will be charged if rent is paid after the 5th of the month.
* There is typically a $25 a month additional pet fee (added to monthly rent. Some owners do not allow any pets. The pet policy will be displayed for each property in the “Properties for Rent” section of this website or you can call and ask us.
* No more than 2 pets (if owner allows pets)
* No attack trained animals or known vicious breeds permitted. That means Rottwilers, Dobermans, German Shepherds and typically any big dog over 7 pounds other than a lab.