Real Estate Scholarships
The Stress Free Property Management to Offer Bi-yearly $1000 Real Estate Scholarships
Stress Free Property Management is a Tampa property management company that is always looking to help hungry students with a passion for real estate. My name is David Lowrey and I’m one of the owners, and I strongly remember how broke I was as a college student. Working tons of hours during the summer and during the school year, while attending classes full-time, is exhausting and usually for low pay. This is why we are offering a $1000 scholarship twice a year to someone currently attending or planning to attend an accredited college or graduate school.
In order to apply for the Spring 2019 scholarship contest, applicants must submit a 500-750+ word essay on the following topic:
The book written by Sam Zell, “Am I Being Too Subtle.” I recommend you listen to it through Audible as the book is read by Sam Zell. If you do not know who that is, you are in for a treat and should Google him.
I would like your thoughts of how Sam Zell looks at the real estate and business cycles, and how you might apply this information in your life. This scholarship definition should only be appealing to someone interested in the real estate markets. The book is sensational, and you’ll learn a great deal regardless of winning the scholarship or not. I would imagine you would find it free at the university library. Not many people will make the effort to read or listen to the book, so I don’t imagine the competition will be too fierce, but I don’t want to award a scholarship without applicant displaying some effort and with an obvious interest in real estate.
The application guidelines are as follows:
- Essays must be received by December 15, 2019 9 AM EST.
- Applicants should include their name, address and phone number.
- The applicant should state where they are currently attending or planning to attend school in the body of their submission email.
- No additional information should be included.
- Once the application deadline has passed, the essays will be reviewed and judged based on the following criteria:
- Responsiveness to the question
- Thoughtfulness and originality
- Clear understanding demonstrated of book. It must be crystal clear you actually read it. 😊
* We just awarded our first scholarship to a college student at Hillsborough Community College in Tampa, FL in May 2019. Some colleges have required we don't disclose the name for the privacy protection of student which is why I can't list the name. Only 3 people submitted essays!